Book Discussion #1 – Naked in Death

Posted In: J.D. Robb Book Discussion
  • sunshinemiller1960 on: June 17, 2017 at 11:17 am #1259
    AJ wrote:
    So, I thought what I would do is start discussion threads for the books one by one starting with “Naked in Death.”

You can really discuss anything about the book, but here’s a question to start things off:

In “Naked…” Roarke breaks into Eve’s apartment. Did he cross a line?  

Yeah, I think he did however considering he is a hot as sin billionaire who is the love interest I’m not sure how it would have turned out if Eve had of or had him arrested. Was she going to get a restraining order as well? How far would/could she have taken ‘resisting him’ while still ending up were she is today?

Carole on: July 17, 2017 at 12:10 pm #1338

If Roarke were to be a serious suspect, we’d need an alternate possible interest for Eve since we all expected a romance.  Maybe in a movie, given the way plots are twisted from the book, Webster would have been around, still seeing Eve, a relationship from his POV and friends-with-benefits from hers.

greycoupon on: September 21, 2017 at 5:27 pm #1501

I started the series with Naked. I hadn’t read any Nora at that time. JDR was recommended to me as a series with the husband/wife combo solving mysteries together. So I had known that they got together eventually and was not surprised to have Roarke be so pushy and interfering. I enjoy that, while they started out in book one as two people who wanted their own way in everything, they have evolved and grown personally and professionally. Naked ID was fascinating to me as a story where the characters spent so much of the story sitting in front of computers. It should have been dull, but never was. It was important to establish a great deal in what was suppose to be the first of three editions. JDR did it well. I was unfamiliar with Nora’s trilogies and didn’t know the history by 2004 when I started reading the ID’s. Eve’s history needed to be established too. So much in one package.

christine on: September 22, 2017 at 8:29 pm #1506

I agree. Reading the first 3 books opens many doors to most of the characters, their personalities and the connections between them.

Age and treachery will
    Overcome youth and skill.
    :-P

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ajryhjox/jdrobbfans.com/wp-content/plugins/activity-reactions-for-buddypress/class/class.php on line 1082
Skip to toolbar