Dark in Death

Posted In: J.D. Robb Spoiler Forum
  • wont on: January 26, 2018 at 3:50 pm #2243

Very excited! I received an email from Turn the Page. My book is on it’s way today. I doubt I will receive it by tomorrow, but there’s a decent chance I will get it on Monday. Not much earlier than the release, but I’ll take it!

Debbi on: January 26, 2018 at 10:56 pm #2245

Friday, January 26
    Murder cop, reader:
    each one looks for a hero
    Who’s yours in the end?

“People are stupid more than half the time.” - J. D. Robb Memory In Death (Feeney to Eve)

Debbi on: January 29, 2018 at 2:17 am #2256

2 more days!!

“People are stupid more than half the time.” - J. D. Robb Memory In Death (Feeney to Eve)

ElectricOutcast on: January 31, 2018 at 4:54 pm #2257

Just got my copy this morning and reading it right now.

Scarlet83 on: January 31, 2018 at 6:49 pm #2258

About a quarter of the way through.   I’m enjoying it !

Debbi on: February 1, 2018 at 1:17 am #2259

Sadly, I’m out of town and don’t have time to get involved in a book I don’t want to put down.  So I told DH he could read it first.  Can’t wait to read it this weekend!

ElectricOutcast on: February 1, 2018 at 5:59 pm #2260

For the record, I don’t think it’s horrible, but I’m having mixed feelings about it.

wont on: February 1, 2018 at 7:33 pm #2261

I enjoyed parts of this book. I will have to do a reread before I can make further claims. I will say, the section where Eve was working out the killer’s impetus was convoluted at best. I had a difficult time slogging through it. But, after I passed that, I enjoyed the book. I really enjoyed Eve and Peabody in this one. The sewing angle was different. I (always) love Feeney. Eve’s comment about his hair was hilarious. His reaction to Nadine’s boyfriend was also funny. I hope this relationship works out for Nadine. Her new book was mentioned, can’t wait to see how that turns out. I hope we get an ID book out of that. I would love if Eve and Roarke went to the Oscars. It would be fun to read about any outfits Leonardo designed for her. I thought I was going to escape Mavis, but she squeezed in. At least that was minimal. One other thing, Roarke was more than a little predictable with his supportive-husband comments. We’ve had to read the (almost) same conversation in every book. I did enjoy their escapades in the Summerset-free house. Almost like kids misbehaving when the parents are gone.

I’m going to let it sit a day or two and read it again. Then I can see if my feelings are the same.

ElectricOutcast on: February 2, 2018 at 12:19 am #2262

The section where Eve was working out the killer’s impetus was convoluted at best.

That was actually the problem I had with it, to the point where I ended up skipping a good chunk of it, because when you get right down to it, it’s an example of just grabbing the same plot elements from Obsession.

Her new book was mentioned, can’t wait to see how that turns out.

I just hope it talks about The Red Horse cult and not about what happened in Delusion, and I’d rather them just make a documentary and not another movie, I think Eve and Roarke found that experience just awkward.

One thing I think Eve should’ve done for Valentine’s Day, is use Roarke’s boys to make a custom-made cologne for Roarke as a gift. Probably would’ve made a much different and sweeter scene in this book.

Scarlet83 on: February 2, 2018 at 12:26 pm #2263

I tend to agree with everyone.  I enjoyed reading it but I could put it down and then come back to it.    I miss the earlier books with suspense and lots of action.

ElectricOutcast on: February 2, 2018 at 1:54 pm #2265

I tend to agree with everyone. I enjoyed reading it but I could put it down and then come back to it. I miss the earlier books with suspense and lots of action.

I will say this, from what I gathered reading the plot on Leverage in Death, it actually looks pretty interesting. I’ll post it on that topic so you can see it.

Scarlet83 on: February 2, 2018 at 4:57 pm #2267

It does sound good.   Can’t wait !

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar