Does anyone get the feeling Nora is winding down In Death?

Posted In: J.D. Robb Spoiler Forum
  • dogfancy53 on: September 6, 2017 at 5:02 am #1124

I plowed through the book today.  We see much more of Eve being a boss (acting like a Captain) and some other long open question were answered?

I really liked it, but something about the tenor was different.

wont on: September 6, 2017 at 6:46 pm #1408

I thought the same about Eve. She’s smoothed out a bit. She seems, IMO, to accept Roarke’s part in her life with less agitation. But, as for Nora winding down, I don’t see that. I hope not.

Mythicaldoc on: September 6, 2017 at 7:03 pm #1409
    Lola1978 wrote:
    I plowed through the book today.  We see much more of Eve being a boss (acting like a Captain) and some other long open question were answered?

I really liked it, but something about the tenor was different.

I thought the same thing.  Seem like everyone has leveled out.   Maybe we need something to shake it up !

I still love the books !

greycoupon on: September 7, 2017 at 2:23 am #1414

Throughout the many years and 45 great editions of In Death, Nora/JDR has changed up the atmosphere of these stories. Gads, you guys!! When she produces a Kindred or NY to Dallas or Brotherhood, many get up in arms that she is getting too dark. But she also produces books with traditional or lighter themes like Witness or Seduction or Strangers. I certainly don’t want to see Nora tire of producing this series, but I also don’t see a trend in one direction or the other. As I said in another thread, I found the atmosphere to be different from recent editions. Our group is acting like a golf four-some, even when we hit the ball in the air, we critique how far it didn’t go.

ElectricOutcast on: September 7, 2017 at 2:39 am #1415

I’m of the opinion that I think Eve and Roarke still have some growing up and settling down to do before they reach a point of changing their stride.

wont on: September 7, 2017 at 4:56 pm #1454

Ok, I had not finished when I posted before. Now I have. I liked this book. I will have to reread a few times to know if I like it more than that. It was satisfying for a bitch like Mars to buy it. So deserving. There were several parts l liked, but it seemed the ending was a bit rushed. She figured out who was the bad guy, got into his apartment and wrangled a detailed confession in a few minutes. Eve didn’t insist going in to file her report. She kissed Roarke on scene. Both seemed out of character to me. Not deal breakers, but definitely a change. I was very happy Summerset and Roarke had that big conversation. To learn of Patrick Roarke’s plans for Roarke really, really pissed me off. I wish Patrick could have been killed several times for that. I always thought Summerset was justified in killing him, but much more so now. And I laughed when Summerset made that statement about probably never having a handle on Eve! LOL! Yes, this was a lower energy book. But, I agree we need that sometimes. We would all probably be flat on our backs if they all were on the level of NY to Dallas, or Survivor, or Portrait. I’m very, very happy Nora is still going with the series.

ElectricOutcast on: September 7, 2017 at 7:04 pm #1462
    wont wrote:
    Ok, I had not finished when I posted before. Now I have. I liked this book. I will have to reread a few times to know if I like it more than that. It was satisfying for a bitch like Mars to buy it. So deserving. There were several parts l liked, but it seemed the ending was a bit rushed. She figured out who was the bad guy, got into his apartment and wrangled a detailed confession in a few minutes. She kissed Roarke on scene. Both seemed out of character to me.

I do agree that the ending was a rushed but to be fair, the way that suspect was acting was like taking a rabid dog to the pound, and btw if I ever met a guy like that I would probably bust his lip open because I don’t like it when strangers tell me to sit down and shut up. As for the kissing scene, I think everybody was inside when that happened so they probably didn’t have any witnesses.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ajryhjox/jdrobbfans.com/wp-content/plugins/activity-reactions-for-buddypress/class/class.php on line 1082
Skip to toolbar