ID Technology

Posted In: J.D. Robb Book Discussion
  • wont on: January 28, 2018 at 5:48 pm #2253

I didn’t see that movie.

ElectricOutcast on: January 28, 2018 at 9:20 pm #2254

A little bit darker compared to the In Death series but I do think they similarities with each other, same thing in my opinion on the comparisons with Ghost in the Shell, I think that’s why I like it.

But if you haven’t seen either movies yet, watch The Final Cut first before you move to 2049.

wont on: February 8, 2018 at 4:26 pm #2269

I saw this morning that Apple is coming out with their own voice controlled speaker system. Certainly to compete with Google and whoever else has one already on the market. The correspondent mentioned he thought the next generation of speakers would be able to recognize different voices. This would line up with knowing the preferences of each user.

Personally, I don’t see a great benefit to these speakers, they seem more like a toy for toy people. That said, each new voice controlled device that’s produced brings us closer to the voice controlled world we know from the books.

I can’t wait to see what’s available in ten years, or even five.

ElectricOutcast on: February 9, 2018 at 2:59 pm #2270

I saw this morning that Apple is coming out with their own voice controlled speaker system. Certainly to compete with Google and whoever else has one already on the market. The correspondent mentioned he thought the next generation of speakers would be able to recognize different voices. This would line up with knowing the preferences of each user.

Personally, I don’t see a great benefit to these speakers, they seem more like a toy for toy people. That said, each new voice controlled device that’s produced brings us closer to the voice controlled world we know from the books.

I can’t wait to see what’s available in ten years, or even five.

And why do I get the feeling Roarke would rather add his own version of Siri or Alexa to the mansion?

wont on: February 9, 2018 at 7:44 pm #2272

I’ve no doubt Roarke would release his own voice activated speaker system if he thought there was money to be made. His ‘R&D” department is always working on something. There are many voice controlled devices in his house. One that comes to mind is the speaker system. Eve has used it a few times to locate Roarke in the house, or to verify if he’s at home. She speaks a question and is answered. In a house the size of Roarke’s that’s a handy item.

By the time 2058 arrives, I imagine all manner of voice controlled items will be common place in the average household.

Quinlan73 on: February 11, 2018 at 2:40 am #2273

Doesn’t he have something like that already? It’s just all that we’ve seen it do is a house search to locate people.

ElectricOutcast on: February 11, 2018 at 1:26 pm #2274

I think the point we were trying to make is the difference between now and the future, and that is most of us aren’t all that interested in getting an Amazon Echo or a HomePod, but if Roarke were to make something I’d buy it.

ElectricOutcast on: February 11, 2018 at 1:41 pm #2275

Introducing Voice-Controlled Lightbulbs: https://www2.meethue.com/en-us

wont on: February 11, 2018 at 1:54 pm #2276

Quinlan73, I believe you and I are speaking of the same device. I don’t remember the locator doing anything else but advising who is home and where they are, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

ElectricOutcast, this light system is in the same vein. Progressively controlling (operating) various systems in your home by voice.

ElectricOutcast on: April 18, 2018 at 1:18 pm #2336

So listening to the news this morning they reported on an accident that could help eliminate some trash from the ocean:

https://www.livescience.com/62328-plastic-eating-enzyme.html

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar