In Death Favorite Quotes

Posted In: J.D. Robb Book Discussion
  • AJ on: December 9, 2017 at 11:01 pm #2101

I am going to attempt to rebuild our “Random Quote” generator here, but I haven’t found one that allows users to add to it. So, what quotes are your favorites, that you would like to add to the Random Quote generator? Post them here!

AJ

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  AJ.
    Uthra22 on: December 10, 2017 at 11:43 pm #2111

I never in my life expected anyone would love me, all of me. How would I deserve that? What would I do with it? But you do.- Eve from Divided in Death

ElectricOutcast on: December 13, 2017 at 3:06 pm #2158

Question: does the quotes have to be from the characters or can they also be quotes from the books?

Like for example: “Trust built slowly for some, but once constructed, became strong as steel.”

Robb, J. D.. Secrets in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel (In Death, Book 45) (p. 323). St. Martin’s Press. Kindle Edition.

AJ on: December 13, 2017 at 5:41 pm #2159

Yes, general quotes from the books should also be fine.

AJ

wont on: December 14, 2017 at 10:02 pm #2165

Reunion in Death

Roarke to Eve: “I can’t imagine not wanting you so that it puts an ache inside me….But, if when we’re a hundred and twenty and that’s more memory than reality, I’ll still need you, Eve, a thousand ways.”

wont on: December 14, 2017 at 10:04 pm #2166

Reunion in Death

Roarke to Eve: “Maybe love has cycles. We haven’t been in it long enough to know, have we? But I know one thing utterly. I’ll love you till I die.”

ElectricOutcast on: December 15, 2017 at 4:03 am #2167

“Freedom, money, power, going one bloody week without having the old man pound on me. I couldn’t decide, so I didn’t say. But I know it now. Eve. She’s my one thing.” Roarke to Mick- Betrayal in Death

Debbi on: December 15, 2017 at 5:00 pm #2168

“People are stupid more than half the time.” - J. D. Robb Memory In Death (Feeney to Eve)

wont on: December 16, 2017 at 3:56 am #2169

Memory In Death

Feeney to Eve: “People are stupid more than half the time.”

ElectricOutcast on: December 18, 2017 at 11:28 pm #2171

Is he the prince? – Nixie Swisher; Survivor in Death

Marcia on: December 25, 2017 at 8:30 pm #2176

This is definitely a little long, but it’s always been one of my favorite funny conversations between Eve and Roarke:

Eve: “Don’t. Leave. Me.”

Roarke: “Darling.” He kissed her brow. “I must. I must.”

Eve: “No. You can bring Vegas here. Because… you’re you. You can do that. We’ll have Vegas here, and that’ll be good. I’ll buy you a lap dance.”

Roarke: “That’s so sweet. But I’m going. I’ll be back tomorrow, and lay a cool cloth on your fevered brow.”

Eve: “Tomorrow?” She actually went light-headed. “You’re not coming back tonight?”

Roarke: “You wouldn’t be in this state now if you paid attention. I’m taking a shuttle full of men to Las Vegas late this afternoon. There will be ribaldry, and a possible need to post bond. I’ve made arrangements. I’ll bring back this same shuttle of men – hopefully – tomorrow afternoon.”

Eve: “Let me come with you.”

Roarke: “Let me see your penis.”

Eve: “Oh God! Can’t I just use yours?”

ElectricOutcast on: December 27, 2017 at 1:42 pm #2177

This is definitely a little long, but it’s always been one of my favorite funny conversations between Eve and Roarke: Eve: “Don’t. Leave. Me.” Roarke: “Darling.” He kissed her brow. “I must. I must.” Eve: “No. You can bring Vegas here. Because… you’re you. You can do that. We’ll have Vegas here, and that’ll be good. I’ll buy you a lap dance.” Roarke: “That’s so sweet. But I’m going. I’ll be back tomorrow, and lay a cool cloth on your fevered brow.” Eve: “Tomorrow?” She actually went light-headed. “You’re not coming back tonight?” Roarke: “You wouldn’t be in this state now if you paid attention. I’m taking a shuttle full of men to Las Vegas late this afternoon. There will be ribaldry, and a possible need to post bond. I’ve made arrangements. I’ll bring back this same shuttle of men – hopefully – tomorrow afternoon.” Eve: “Let me come with you.” Roarke: “Let me see your penis.” Eve: “Oh God! Can’t I just use yours?”

A parody of most of the old sappy romance movies…albeit this moment came with another annoying Trina moment after this one.

Debbi on: January 16, 2018 at 9:12 pm #2220

“Jesus, Jesus, why is there February?” Eve demanded. “February should be eliminated altogether for the good of mankind.”

Robb, J. D.. Innocent In Death (In Death, Book 24) (p. 37). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

“People are stupid more than half the time.” - J. D. Robb Memory In Death (Feeney to Eve)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar