Leverage in Death- Sept 2018

Posted In: J.D. Robb Spoiler Forum
  • ElectricOutcast on: November 21, 2017 at 1:05 am #1145

So Debbie posted the schedule for Nora and JD Robb and the Sept ’18 book name is… Leverage. Granted it’s a much better title than Dark but my mind is still going to the most underrated show of recent history: Leverage with Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman and Christian Kane.

Hopefully the plot will be different compared to the Leverage show.

Gigiree on: November 24, 2017 at 3:57 pm #1569

It might have to do with business leverage. Murder in the business world again, in the periphery of Roarkworld again.

ElectricOutcast on: February 2, 2018 at 1:59 pm #2266

Plot: What would you do to protect your family?

When Paul Rogan sets off a bomb at his office, killing eleven people, no one can understand why. He was a loving husband and father, with everything to live for. Then his wife and daughter are found chained up in the family home, and everything becomes clear. Rogan had been given a horrifying choice – set off the bomb, or see his loved ones suffer and die.

Lieutenant Eve Dallas knows the violence won’t end here. The men behind the attack are determined, organized and utterly ruthless. In this shocking and challenging case, both Eve and husband Roarke are heading into serious danger.

Source: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36630002-leverage-in-death

Debbi on: February 22, 2018 at 1:30 am #2280

FB cover reveal

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

“People are stupid more than half the time.” - J. D. Robb Memory In Death (Feeney to Eve)

ElectricOutcast on: February 22, 2018 at 1:06 pm #2282

How quick did the Neon book covers get released? Because her current publishers are either putting out these covers pretty quick or at the same time frame.

wont on: May 18, 2018 at 10:47 pm #2349

The first chapter of Leverage was posted today. I really liked it. Possibly better than the last several books.

ElectricOutcast on: May 19, 2018 at 12:27 pm #2350

So the cat and mouse chase is already out of the bag…I like it.

bowlwoman on: September 4, 2018 at 7:25 pm #2472

Just finished Leverage, and I liked it. I really liked the several red herrings (why aren’t they purple? 😀 ), with the groups of potential suspects and who could be on the victim lists. Because Leonardo/Mavis/Bella fit the profile (up-and-coming artists, married couple with one child), I thought JDR might throw them into the mix, but she effectively took them out when Eve mentioned that all the targets lived in single-family units, not apartments. All in all, a good read, though.

And poor Eve with all the Icove vid notoriety to come! Heh.

ElectricOutcast on: September 5, 2018 at 5:30 pm #2473

I swear I think that Nora likes to make Peabody more annoying just to spite the haters.

Betsy Harvey Rogers on: September 8, 2018 at 11:00 am #2474

Well, it’s a long time since I found my way to indeath.net… I used to be birdwoman if anyone remembers me 🙂 Anyway, I sure do miss a good discussion after a book release! This one, in particular, had me scratching my head.

EO you are right. I find Peabody more annoying all the time. I liked her in the beginning, but these last few books, especially with the hot chocolate addiction, I’ve just wanted to smack her and tell her to grow up. I mean, she’s got a few years on Trueheart… she must be in her mid 20’s at least, right?

I was so so so happy to see that Dallas didn’t finger the culprit right off and had other roads she followed. One of my favorite things about Glory in Death was that she had the WRONG GUY and ADMITTED IT.

I am confused by the fight/sex scene. Roarke was bitterly disappointed/hurt that she didn’t trust “him.” Eve saw it as she didn’t trust the other guy. It was unresolved and remained so in the book, as far as I’m concerned. Anyone out there to convince me otherwise? Is this a crack in the base? Is this the start of a multi-book arc of toil that will be resolved eventually (as in the first few books, Eve not wanting to make the relationship permanent)?

Did anyone else notice how Eve put Summerset in the room of important people in the dream?

So, overall, I thought the crime in this one was especially stupid. I couldn’t help but think that the bomb vest guys could have figured out another way. And the idea that links don’t record things like time of calls in the future when they easily do so now is a silly part of the universe that sometimes doesn’t hold.  But I really liked the investigation and side pieces so overall a win (of course, to me, every ID book is a win).

Thanks for letting me ramble. Hope someone is interested in rambling back at me!

Palomira on: September 8, 2018 at 5:46 pm #2475

Really glad for your ramble, former birdwoman, and would love to ramble with you… especially about the fight/sex scene (which they started early in their marriage) and the use of the bomb vest as a financial tool. But…. I just started my reread and want to absorb at a slower pace before I get to the discussion stage.   Happy to see you around again and please do stay for more rambles.

wont on: September 8, 2018 at 9:32 pm #2476

I’m starting my first reread, so I will be back, but I had to jump in and say I’m a major Peabody fan. The only Peabody thing I didn’t like was the goofy scene with the booster/expresso. I thought that was overdone. Especially with Whitney joining in. Otherwise, I liked everything she did. I’m glad she got to go to the Oscars and wear a Leonardo. Even if she missed out on the case closing. I thought Baxter did well in her place.

I was actually embarrassed that Mavis continued with her silly babbling on the red carpet. I wish she would mature at least a little bit.

I’ll be back.

ElectricOutcast on: September 9, 2018 at 1:33 am #2477

I’m starting my first reread, so I will be back, but I had to jump in and say I’m a major Peabody fan. The only Peabody thing I didn’t like was the goofy scene with the booster/expresso. I thought that was overdone. Especially with Whitney joining in.

I was actually happy with the fact that right up to that scene, Peabody was actually acting like an adult for once, but then Nora had to blow it with her being shot up with caffeine. And I agree with you on Mavis, she couldn’t drop the Valley Girl Facade at The Oscars? You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Betsy Harvey Rogers on: September 10, 2018 at 2:57 pm #2478

I’m glad she got to go to the Oscars and wear a Leonardo. Even if she missed out on the case closing. I thought Baxter did well in her place.

I, too, th0ught this was great. I like the way Nora has been working in the rest of the squad over the last few books.  Really, the big things that bother me about Peabody are the things that are simply put in, I think, for new readers to see the contrast. She ALWAYS has to try the make up and perfume and soap and etc samples. She’s always complaining about food or begging for food or whatever. I know it’s a mood setter for those who aren’t as familiar with the series but the repeated behavior comes across to me as juvenile.

Betsy Harvey Rogers on: September 10, 2018 at 3:00 pm #2479

And I agree with you on Mavis, she couldn’t drop the Valley Girl Facade at The Oscars? You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Ever since the story with the girls in the walls, I have actually loved this aspect of Mavis. To come from where she came from and effervesce the way she does…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ajryhjox/jdrobbfans.com/wp-content/plugins/activity-reactions-for-buddypress/class/class.php on line 1082
Skip to toolbar