Leverage in Death- Sept 2018

Posted In: J.D. Robb Spoiler Forum
  • AJ on: September 25, 2018 at 2:18 am #2536

OK, Mavis may have had a vocal coach. It’s still a very big jump from the screeching and other descriptions used in earlier books to singing at the Oscars and sounding “good.”

Not really, if we accept the premise that Mavis had the potential to be a good singer, but just never had the right training until she got a recording contract. If you research it, you will find that most vocal coaches will tell you that anyone can learn to sing, and with enough practice you can sound good. Does Mavis sound like Whitney Houston or Adelle or Kelly Clarkson or any of the other really flawless singers that you could name? Probably not. But, she doesn’t have to sound flawless like them to sound good. There are plenty of iconic pop stars out there who really technically aren’t the greatest singers, but still have plenty of people buying their recordings and going to their concerts. So, the theory that Mavis got some coaching and now sounds “good” is completely plausible to me.

Tracy Peper on: October 7, 2018 at 9:17 pm #2544

I confused by this sentence – Chapter 8, page 113 – 6th paragraph –

With Roarke doing what Roarke did in his adjoining office, she finished the board, programmed coffee, created her book

What book would she have created? I thought she meant board, but that is already mentioned.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Tracy Peper.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Tracy Peper.
    ElectricOutcast on: October 7, 2018 at 11:20 pm #2547

Murder book. I don’t know what they exactly mean by Murder Book, but that is one of her methods when she works a case.

wont on: October 11, 2018 at 3:38 pm #2548

This is my opinion only: I think the Murder book is how Eve organizes her investigation. I see this as something like a three-ring binder with official reports from all the detectives working with her on the case, all sweeper reports, any results from Morris, any outside information received, plus her ongoing notes that document her observations and new information as it becomes available. Also, photos from the scene and photos of pertinent subjects. I imagine this can become quite bulky. This compilation would help her to keep information organized and at her fingertips as she processes it all in trying to solve the case. The Murder book is separate from her board in that the board is all visual. As we know, she likes to post photos of everyone connected to the murder, then sit back and study it. Feet up on the desk, all distractions aside, and run what she knows to that point through her head searching for answers. The board is tool just as the book is. IMO.

ElectricOutcast on: October 12, 2018 at 1:25 am #2549

This is my opinion only: I think the Murder book is how Eve organizes her investigation. I see this as something like a three-ring binder with official reports from all the detectives working with her on the case, all sweeper reports, any results from Morris, any outside information received, plus her ongoing notes that document her observations and new information as it becomes available. Also, photos from the scene and photos of pertinent subjects. I imagine this can become quite bulky. This compilation would help her to keep information organized and at her fingertips as she processes it all in trying to solve the case. The Murder book is separate from her board in that the board is all visual. As we know, she likes to post photos of everyone connected to the murder, then sit back and study it. Feet up on the desk, all distractions aside, and run what she knows to that point through her head searching for answers. The board is tool just as the book is. IMO.

Actually that is a pretty plausible concept.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ajryhjox/jdrobbfans.com/wp-content/plugins/activity-reactions-for-buddypress/class/class.php on line 1082
Skip to toolbar