@ Somebody!

Posted In: Site Stuff
  • AJ on: July 29, 2018 at 3:30 pm #2402

Hey, Everybody!

I have added a few new features to the forum recently, and one is the @ feature. Just like on any other social network, you can now @ another forum member in a post, and they will get an email telling them that you mentioned them in your post. This will hopefully help members stay engaged with the site.

Here is the catch, though, you need to use their USERNAME, and not their SCREENNAME. So, for example, if you wanted to @ me, you would need to use my username of ajryan and not my screen name of AJ. So, it would be @ajryan, and I will get that email. This is a bit confusing, I know. Sorry. If you are unsure of someone’s username, click on their screen name to go to their profile, and you will see their username there. OR, go to the Community link in the menu at the top of the site, and go to “Members.” You can search for someone there using their screen name, and from there go to their profile.

If I can come up with an easier way to do this, I will, but for now, that’s it. Hopefully, this is a useful new feature for you.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ajryhjox/jdrobbfans.com/wp-content/plugins/activity-reactions-for-buddypress/class/class.php on line 1082
Skip to toolbar