What if Eve resigned from the NYPSD?

Posted In: J.D. Robb Book Discussion
  • ElectricOutcast on: December 7, 2017 at 12:35 am #1148

So yes, I’ve been reading Conspiracy these past couple of days for research purposes on a fanfic I’ve been working on. I’m not gonna divulge too many details about it, because I don’t want to potentially break rules over here and cause trouble, but I made Eve give an indefinite leave of absence notice to Baxter, who in turn, gave it to Whitney. Shocking yes, but it’s a pretty essential element to my plot.

But realistically speaking, do you think Eve giving the NYPSD a resignation letter would be a symbol of her admitting defeat? Would Roarke let her do it and allow her to work under him? (I think he would personally, but probably wouldn’t be too happy about it.) And how would the NYPSD react if she actually did it?

If any of you are curious about my fanfic, PM me and I’ll show you some chapters.

wont on: December 7, 2017 at 9:17 pm #1597

There are too many variables to that thought. I assume she will resign if she ever gets pregnant. Other than that, it would have to be, IMO, a pretty brutal scenario for her to quit. Will she ever get to the stage where she’s too upset over having killed someone? Would/could she be destroyed emotionally if one of her people died due to a mistake she made? Peabody? Baxter? Trueheart? I think any one of those, or several others would do great damage to her. Especially if she felt responsible. If she felt the need for a leave of absence, it might signal the end for her. She’s not who she was before Roarke. This is not a weakness, but I’m sure she realizes the change. She’s opened her heart in more than one way. She may not be able to be the boss any longer if someone lost their life serving her. It’s a heavy story line to consider.

ElectricOutcast on: December 7, 2017 at 9:44 pm #1599
    wont wrote:
    There are too many variables to that thought. I assume she will resign if she ever gets pregnant. Other than that, it would have to be, IMO, a pretty brutal scenario for her to quit. Will she ever get to the stage where she’s  too upset over having killed someone? Would/could she be destroyed emotionally if one of her people died due to a mistake she made? Peabody? Baxter? Trueheart? I think any one of those, or several others would do great damage to her. Especially if she felt responsible. If she felt the need for a leave of absence, it might signal the end for her. She’s not who she was before Roarke. This is not a weakness, but I’m sure she realizes the change. She’s opened her heart in more than one way. She may not be able to be the boss any longer if someone lost their life serving her. It’s a heavy story line to consider.

Pretty plausible scenarios but my question was more related to if Eve were to resign before or after Conspiracy. I think if it were to happen, it would probably be if they had demoted her back to uniform and I don’t think she would’ve accepted that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ajryhjox/jdrobbfans.com/wp-content/plugins/activity-reactions-for-buddypress/class/class.php on line 1082
Skip to toolbar