•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What book(s) are you currently reading?
Just finished re-reading Imitation, Divided, and Visions. I cannot remember where I left off last (Treachery? Maybe?), and for sure can't remember what it was about at all, so-. Re-reading. Smile
Have you ever, like, walked naked to the fridge in the middle of the night to get a drink or something, and then you realized that someone saw you? And then you realized you were kind of into it? If not, then it never happened to me, either. Ever. Cool
I have recently started reading some books by Delores Fossen. They are mostly lawmen and someone they love in danger, They are a light read and I am enjoying them.

Right now I am reading Six Gun Showdown, it is the 5th book in the Appaloosa Pass Ranch series.
"It's hard to resist a bad boy who's a good man. They'll knock the legs right out from under you." - Mrs G. to Parker in "Happy Ever After" by Nora Roberts.
Caitlin Strong 8: Strong Cold Dead

The terrorist organization ISIS is after a deadly toxin that could be the ultimate weapon of mass destruction. The same toxin holds the potential to eradicate cancer. There is a frantic race to see who can get to it first, even as Caitlin Strong begins to assemble the disparate pieces of a deadly puzzle.

At the center of that puzzle is an Indian reservation where a vengeful tycoon is mining the toxin, disguising his effort as an oil-drilling operation. This is the same reservation where Caitlin’s great-great-grandfather, also a Texas Ranger, once waged a similar battle against the forces of John D. Rockefeller.

In her highest-stakes adventure yet, Caitlin Strong faces off against a host of adversaries that just might include the beautiful Comanche girl with whom the son of her ex-outlaw boyfriend Cort Wesley Masters has fallen in love, along with a mythic monster culled from Native American folklore that the tribe believes has risen to protect its land. The lives of those Caitlin loves most are threatened by the villains she’s pursuing; her own moral code is challenged. The fate of both the country and the state she loves is dangling on the precipice of a strong cold death.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks
Creation in Death by J.D. Robb

Eve has seen this crime scene before: the artfully arranged body of a young brunette, arms spread, palms up, body marked by the signs of prolonged and painful torture. Carved into her torso is the time it took her to die - in hours, minutes, and seconds. And on the third finger of her left hand has been placed a silver ring.

Eve is catapulted back to a case nine years earlier, when a man whom the media tagged “The Groom” put the city on edge with a killing spree that took the lives of four women in fifteen days. Eve and her partner Feeney, her friend and mentor, couldn’t stop him before he disappeared, only to resurface in other parts of the world to kill and kill again. But now The Groom seems to have come back to where he started.

When it turns out that The Groom’s most recent victim was employed by Eve’s billionaire husband, Roarke, she brings him onto the case. A move that proves fitting when it becomes chillingly clear that the killer has made it personal. The corpse was washed in products from a store Roarke owns and laid out on a sheet his company manufactures. With the Groom’s monstrous return, Eve is determined to finish him once and for all. Familiar with his methods, she knows that he has already grabbed his next victim.

"The greatness of a nation can be determined by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

Just finished "The Dark Prophecy" by Rick Riordan (I've had it for two months ?).This series is just okay. I like it better than the Kanes, but not as much as the rest of them.

Starting "In The Unlikely Event" by Judy Blume.
"Patience isn't my strongest suit." -Wolverine
Strangers in Death by J.D. Robb

Murder harboured no bigotry, no bias. It subscribed to no class system. In its gleeful, deadly way, murder turned a blind eye.

Scandalous death sells papers. But as the media frenzy feeds on the wealthy Thomas Anders, strangled to death with black velvet in his plush Park Avenue apartment, Lieutenant Eve Dallas grapples with just one question: a crime of passion or a cold extermination?

Things don't add up. The victim didn't struggle and everyone has an alibi. And when a throwaway comment opens up a horrifying secret, Eve is fighting for far more than justice.

"The greatness of a nation can be determined by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

Found this very good author whose been writing these May-December romance stories and even though they're mostly 100 to 150 pages long, she has a way of making the stories and characters very investing.

Mia Madison is the name and one of the stories I'd recommend is The One and Only.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks
Salvation in Death by J.D. Robb

When Detective Lieutenant Eve Dallas confirms that the consecrated wine contained potassium cyanide, she’s determined to solve the murder of Father Miguel Flores, despite her discomfort with her surroundings. It’s not the bodegas and pawnshops of East Harlem that bother her, though the neighborhood is a long way from the stone mansion she shares with her billionaire husband, Roarke. It’s all that holiness flying around at St. Christobal’s that makes her uneasy.

A search of the victim’s sparsely furnished room reveals little-- except for a carefully hidden religious medal with a mysterious inscription, and a couple of underlined Bible passages. The autopsy reveals more: faint scars of knife wounds, a removed tattoo--and evidence of plastic surgery, suggesting that “Father Flores” may not have been the man his parishioners had thought. Now, as Eve pieces together clues that hint at gang connections and a deeply personal act of revenge, she believes she’s making progress on the case. Until a second murder--in front of an even larger crowd of worshippers--knocks the whole investigation sideways. And Eve is left to figure out who committed these unholy acts--and why.

The Story of the Trapp Family Singers by Maria von Trapp

With nearly 1,500 Broadway performances, six Tony Awards, more than three million albums sold, and five Academy Awards, The Sound of Music, based on the lives of Maria, the baron, and their singing children, is as familiar to most of us as our own family history. But much about the real-life woman and her family was left untold.

Here, Baroness Maria Augusta Trapp tells in her own beautiful, simple words the extraordinary story of her romance with the baron, their escape from Nazi-occupied Austria, and their life in America.
Promises in Death by J.D. Robb

Amarylis Coltraine may have recently transferred to the New York City police force from Atlanta, but she's been a cop long enough to know how to defend herself against an assailant. When she's taken down just steps away from her apartment, killed with her own weapon, for Eve the victim isn't just "one of us."

Dallas's friend Chief Medical Examiner Morris and Coltraine had started a serious relationship, and from all accounts the two were headed for a happy future together. But someone has put an end to all that. After breaking the news to Morris, Eve starts questioning everyone from Coltraine's squad, informants, and neighbors, while Eve's husband, Roarke, digs into computer data on Coltraine's life back in Atlanta. To their shock, they discover a connection between this case and their own painful, shadowy pasts.

The truth will need to be uncovered one layer at a time, starting with the box that arrives at Cop Central addressed to Eve containing Coltraine's guns, badge, and a note from her killer: "You can have them back. Maybe someday soon, I'll be sending yours to somebody else."

But Eve Dallas doesn't take too kindly to personal threats, and she is going to break this case, whatever it takes. And that's a promise.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next