•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What book(s) are you currently reading?
(08-21-2017, 09:25 PM)diane.richard Wrote: Treachery in Death by JD Robb

Detective Eve Dallas and her partner, Peabody, are following up on a senseless crime-an elderly grocery owner killed by three stoned punks for nothing more than kicks and snacks. This is Peabody's first case as primary detective-good thing she learned from the master.

But Peabody soon stumbles upon a trickier situation. After a hard workout, she's all alone in the locker room when the gym door clatters open; and-while hiding inside a shower stall trying not to make a sound-she overhears two fellow officers, Garnet and Oberman, arguing. It doesn't take long to realize they're both crooked-guilty not just of corruption but of murder. Now Peabody, Eve, and Eve's husband, Roarke, are trying to get the hard evidence they need to bring the dirty cops down-knowing all the while that the two are willing to kill to keep their secret.

I think that's a better book as opposed to Conspiracy.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks
(08-22-2017, 05:15 PM)ElectricOutcast Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 09:25 PM)diane.richard Wrote: Treachery in Death by JD Robb

Detective Eve Dallas and her partner, Peabody, are following up on a senseless crime-an elderly grocery owner killed by three stoned punks for nothing more than kicks and snacks. This is Peabody's first case as primary detective-good thing she learned from the master.

But Peabody soon stumbles upon a trickier situation. After a hard workout, she's all alone in the locker room when the gym door clatters open; and-while hiding inside a shower stall trying not to make a sound-she overhears two fellow officers, Garnet and Oberman, arguing. It doesn't take long to realize they're both crooked-guilty not just of corruption but of murder. Now Peabody, Eve, and Eve's husband, Roarke, are trying to get the hard evidence they need to bring the dirty cops down-knowing all the while that the two are willing to kill to keep their secret.

I think that's a better book as opposed to Conspiracy.

It's one of my favourite ID books.

"The greatness of a nation can be determined by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

Yeah I think Eve and Roarke should've told Whitney and Tibble to go to hell after Conspiracy and that they should've moved to either Boston, Chicago or St. Louis and have her be a cop in one of those cities.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks
(06-09-2017, 01:47 PM)Debbi Wrote: I'm reading an ID rip off.  I think I'm about done.  There are 10 + books and I'm on 4.  It's become just too predictable and overdone.
Fatal Flaw (Fatal Series #4) by Marie Force

I read a few of those as well and agree with you Debbi. Very predictable.

I started reading ID from the beginning again. I do that every couple years. On Rapture now. So many things I'd forgotten. Wink
New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb

Twelve years ago, Eve Dallas was just a rookie NY cop when her instincts led her to the apartment of Isaac McQueen, a man she discovered to be a sick murderer and pedophile, who was keeping young girls in cages. Now a homicide Lieutenant, Eve is one of the most distinguished officers in the city—and then she learns that McQueen has escaped from jail. Bent on revenge against Eve and with a need to punish more "bad girls" McQueen heads to Dallas, Texas—the place where Eve was found as a child, the place where she killed her own abusive monster when she was only eight years old. With Eve and Roarke in pursuit of McQueen, everything is on the line and secrets from Eve's past are about to be shockingly revealed.

"The greatness of a nation can be determined by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

Treachery In Death by J.D. Robb
I've been rereading some past Nora's. I finished The Witness this morning and now am starting on the The Cousin's O'Dwyer series. I sure wish the entire series had just been about Sorcha and her children. I found them much more compelling than their modern day counterparts.
Celebrity in Death by JD Robb

Lieutenant Eve Dallas is no party girl, but she's managing to have a good time at the celebrity-packed bash celebrating 'The Icove Agenda', a film based on one of her cases. What comes as a surprise however is seeing the actress who plays Peabody drowned in the pool on the roof of the director's luxury building.

Obsession in Death but JD Robb
Concealed in Death
"It's hard to resist a bad boy who's a good man. They'll knock the legs right out from under you." - Mrs G. to Parker in "Happy Ever After" by Nora Roberts.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next