Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Celebrity Crush
Heart 
I wasn't really sure what to title this one...we might need to change the name later, but in the old forum we had "Dishy Guy Monday" or "Cougars Anonymous"....basically a place for us women to kind of appreciate nice looking men, though, it doesn't have to be just men, I suppose.

I know I've mentioned this on the old forum, and was recently talking to a friend of mine about how I have a kind of what I consider to be an inappropriate crush on Aidan Turner. My friend mentioned that it wasn't inappropriate at all, seeing as how he is more than of legal age, but still...

I saw this photo today of Aidan Turner on a horse, and even though it's not a good photo and blurry, it really did something for me. Not sure why.

So, my question is: who is your celebrity crush?
AJ

[Image: aidanturnerwindow.jpg]
I have to admit to a fondness for Sam Elliott.  Particularly now that he's a silver fox.  I think it's that twinkle in the eye.

“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
My longest has been Robert Redford. I was 8 when I fell in love with the Sundance Kid and have loved him ever since. I also will admit to simply adoring Julian McMahon. I fell in love with him when he was in Charmed and loved every single second of Nip/Tuck.

Carole, I have enjoyed Sam Elliott since I first watched him on Mission Impossible when he played Doug Robert in the 70s ( I am thinking early 70s).His character was a doctor on the show. I too love how he has aged. Smile
"It's hard to resist a bad boy who's a good man. They'll knock the legs right out from under you." - Mrs G. to Parker in "Happy Ever After" by Nora Roberts.
Chris Evans and Chris Pratt. Hell, might as well add in Hemsworth, too. Robert Downey, Jr. Jeremy Renner. Mark Ruffalo. Why, yes - I DO have a thing for the MCU. How ever did you guess?

I actually really loved the back and forth between Evans and Pratt, with the children's hospital visits.

Karl Urban.

Val Chmerkovskiy, Derek Hough, Sasha Farber, Artem Chigvintsev.

Also, Anderson Cooper. Stephen Colbert. Jon Stewart.

And since it can be girls, too: Kristen Bell. Ellen. Sharna Burgess. Emma Slater. Kat Dennings!
Have you ever, like, walked naked to the fridge in the middle of the night to get a drink or something, and then you realized that someone saw you? And then you realized you were kind of into it? If not, then it never happened to me, either. Ever. Cool
I fell in love with Chris Evans when he went to Betty White and offered her his arm to help her onto the stage at an awards ceremony.  Sigh.  Manners are underrated.

Karl Urban for sure.  Now I'm going to have to watch Star Trek and my saved episodes of Almost Human again.

If we're adding in girls, I'll have to go cougar and say Emma Watson.  Smart, strong and sensible, she shows young girls that you can be smart and read and still wear great clothes.
(06-10-2017, 02:03 PM)Carole Wrote: I have to admit to a fondness for Sam Elliott.  Particularly now that he's a silver fox.  I think it's that twinkle in the eye.

Interestingly, your celebrity crush is going to do a movie with my celebrity crush, and play the same character:

Quote: Poldark star Aidan Turner has been set to co-star in The Man Who Killed Hitler And Then The Bigfoot, the film already toplined by Sam Elliott from writer-director Robert D. Krzykowski and executive producer John Sayles. Shooting is now set to begin August 1 on the East Coast.

The film tells the story of American soldier Calvin Barr (Turner), who leaves his true love behind to infiltrate enemy lines and kill Adolph Hitler in the heart of World War II. Decades later, Barr (now Elliott) is needed again, this time to hunt the legendary Bigfoot — carrier of a deadly plague hidden deep in the Canadian wilderness.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/aidan-turner...202121169/

I am kind of not sure about this one. I'm hoping the movie is a bit better than it sounds. 

AJ
AJ

[Image: aidanturnerwindow.jpg]
Interesting idea. Aidan Turner isn't hard on the eyes either so just for that, this should be a good movie.
Hmmm. So many!

Hugh Jackman. Goran Visnjic. Chris Pine. Brad Pitt. Colin Firth (not so much recently...he's not aging well. But as Mr. Darcy? Yum!). Harry Connick Jr. Heart

Jeremy Renner is a fairly recent addition. I also love Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr.  Big Grin
"Patience isn't my strongest suit." -Wolverine
(06-10-2017, 02:03 PM)Carole Wrote: I have to admit to a fondness for Sam Elliott.  Particularly now that he's a silver fox.  I think it's that twinkle in the eye.

Agreed!
Probably mine would be a little more obscure but I would love one day to hang out with Sophia Bush from Chicago PD and One Tree Hill.

One person I've been fortunate enough to hang out with on a regular basis is comedian Hal Sparks from I Love the 80's and Spider-Man 2.

Now in terms of dream hangouts: Garth Brooks, George Clooney, Scarlett Johannson (just so I could voice my approval for her role in Ghost in the Shell.) and Nora Roberts.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks