Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your First Impressions of the Characters
In the first half dozen books, I Roarke found to be very arrogant & stubborn (he still is but has a match in Eve). And he still deliberately acts that way just to get a rise out of Eve, sometimes it's just to tease her but other times he use it as a verbal weapon just too try an win the argument. The recent argument they had about potentially redecorating. She didn't want to at first and he goes straight for her insecurities, not in understanding in order to get her to understand his point of view. but just to shame her and win. He lost a lot of brownie point then and hasn't earned them back yet.
"If I do'd it, I'd get a whupping...I do'd it!" --Bugs Bunny
(09-09-2017, 02:08 AM)Quinlan73 Wrote: In the first half dozen books, I Roarke found to be very arrogant & stubborn (he still is but has a match in Eve). And he still deliberately acts that way just to get a rise out of Eve, sometimes it's just to tease her but other times he use it as a verbal weapon just too try an win the argument. The recent argument they had about potentially redecorating. She didn't want to at first and he goes straight for her insecurities, not in understanding in order to get her to understand his point of view. but just to shame her and win. He lost a lot of brownie point then and hasn't earned them back yet.

Why the hell are you giving him shit when she was the one who started the argument in the first place? The argument started when she caught a female stranger in her office and thought Roarke was playing tricks behind her back.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks
Whoa. Where did that come from? I was expressing my first impression and how I still feel. You don't like fine, but I don't feel like being attacked for my opinion.
(09-10-2017, 02:13 AM)Quinlan73 Wrote: Whoa. Where did that come from? I was expressing my first impression and how I still feel. You don't like fine, but I don't feel like being attacked for my opinion.

No kidding - that attack is not warranted at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, you were just stating yours! We don't have to agree, but we don't attack.

"The greatness of a nation can be determined by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

No if I'd have attacked his opinion I would've resorted to name calling, all I was doing was asking a question. I'll admit I should've been a little bit nicer about that and I apologize for not being nice because the controversy over Brotherhood still kinda makes me sore.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks
I accept the apology.