Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID Technology
I couldn't find this thread, so I started here. Hope it's not a duplicate.

I saw this story on facial recognition on the news. I know that technology has been around in some form for a while, but it seems to be
evolving to what I sort of thought was in some of the books.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/facial-recog...-airports/

We're getting there.
Not exactly Tech related, but I was doing a read-thru of Naked and it's occurred to me that we got about 6-7 years til Roarke is supposed to be born in our reality. For the record, I don't think we'll get a real Roarke but hopefully we'll get somebody similar without the family baggage.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks
This is SO Roarke!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bugatti-chir...ction-car/

Mind boggling to know even with that price, there is over a two year wait list.

Everything about this car screams Roarke. I wonder if he would let Eve drive it? Can you imagine her expression if he said no? LOL!
(07-16-2017, 07:29 PM)wont Wrote: This is SO Roarke!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bugatti-chir...ction-car/

Mind boggling to know even with that price, there is over a two year wait list.

Everything about this car screams Roarke. I wonder if he would let Eve drive it? Can you imagine her expression if he said no? LOL!

Something tells me that by Roarke's time, cars like that might be a little more mainstream. Not regular citizen mainstream but Ferrari or Aston Martin. Though I do think a car like that might fit in his miniature car museum.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks
Check this out. Concept cars for 2040 and beyond. Definitely Roarke territory!!! No doubt Roarke would have one of these Jags!

ewatlas.com/jaguar-future-type-concept/51252/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=229d21fe19-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-229d21fe19-91553745

One other thing on the face recognition technology. This sort of hit my funny bone. There are many sad aspects to the Harvey devastation in Houston. I saw a story on all the lost pets. So terrible. One of the local charities, (I think), was using facial recognition to help locate lost pets! Owners would post a photo of their lost pet and someone would scan the pets in residence and try to make a match. How cool is that?
I saw a news story this morning on facial recognition. This was a new twist. Google claims to now be able to recognize your pet's face! Big Grin 

Not sure how or when this would be useful. Perhaps in a pet napping case? IDK.
(10-17-2017, 03:25 PM)wont Wrote: I saw a news story this morning on facial recognition. This was a new twist. Google claims to now be able to recognize your pet's face! Big Grin 

Not sure how or when this would be useful. Perhaps in a pet napping case? IDK.

Maybe necessary when your pet has gone rogue on Facebook? >^..^<