Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark in Death - February 2018
Slowly is one thing, but Nora has gone from a book being about a month after the last to a book being about a day after the last. I guess that's one way to slow down any expected changes in status i.e. promotions, babies, etc. NOT that I'm advocating for these things.
I'm not one to usually jump to conclusions on a book I hadn't read yet, but this plot and that fictional author is making me smell a rat.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks
Explain, please.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
It's just that the author mentioned in the book's plot just strikes me as the potential antagonist, I'm just keeping a sharp eye on that person just to be on the safe side.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks
So you think it's going to be a publicity stunt?  Might be hard to arrange solid alibis in that case, unless the author has hired someone to do the murders.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
I like that the cover shows The Icove Agenda playing in Times Square.
"If I do'd it, I'd get a whupping...I do'd it!" --Bugs Bunny
(06-18-2017, 07:33 PM)Quinlan73 Wrote: I like that the cover shows The Icove Agenda playing in Times Square.

Yeah something tells me the first vic might be catching a theatrical re-release of it or the academy awards might be in play with this book.
(06-08-2017, 11:57 PM)Psyche Wrote: Part of me ALWAYS reads these books (not just the In Deaths, but others in the same genre) with some trepidation that someone, somewhere, will think, "Hey, that's not a bad idea. And now I know how not to slip up."

Can you point me to another good book series in similar genre?
(06-30-2017, 08:01 PM)Geri Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 11:57 PM)Psyche Wrote: Part of me ALWAYS reads these books (not just the In Deaths, but others in the same genre) with some trepidation that someone, somewhere, will think, "Hey, that's not a bad idea. And now I know how not to slip up."

Can you point me to another good book series in similar genre?
If you watched Castle (or even if you didn't), the Nikki Heat series by "Richard Castle" is pretty good. It's especially fun if you were a fan of the show.
"Patience isn't my strongest suit." -Wolverine
(06-08-2017, 10:43 PM)Carole Wrote: So who else was immediately reminded of the first episode of Castle?

It is a good idea, though, and there are so many possiblities.