Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coke Zero
Question 
This one is specifically for Jen, but open for anyone to comment on:

Overheard in the lunchroom at work from a woman who is trying to lose weight: "My nutritionist said that my Coke Zeroes were fine, I can drink as many of those a day as I want." Confused  That can't possibly be right, can it?
AJ

[Image: aidanturnerwindow.jpg]
LOLOL.
Sounds like she needs a new nutritionist.  Aren't diet sodas supposed to be just as bad, if not worse, than regular sodas?
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
That's what I was thinking, Carole. What competent nutritionist would say that?
AJ

*snorts out a laugh* I love soda, but even I don't believe that. And I am NO nutritionist, that's for sure.
Have you ever, like, walked naked to the fridge in the middle of the night to get a drink or something, and then you realized that someone saw you? And then you realized you were kind of into it? If not, then it never happened to me, either. Ever. Cool
I wonder if that's really what the nutritionist said, or what she heard because she wanted to? As in, "an occasional Coke Zero" is fine turned into "Coke Zero is fine."
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
(06-09-2017, 11:15 AM)Carole Wrote: I wonder if that's really what the nutritionist said, or what she heard because she wanted to? As in, "an occasional Coke Zero" is fine turned into "Coke Zero is fine."

That's very possible. People hear what they want to hear.
AJ

When I cared for my grandfather and he became an insulin dependent diabetic, the nutritionist forbade soda of any kind, but especially diet soda. And that was 15 years or so ago.
Take it from me and my family, unsweet tea is a better bet if you want a healthy diet drink that ain't water.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks