Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Just Got a New Fan!
Elyse over at the Smart Bitches website finally gave in and started reading the "In Death" series...starting with book #45: "Secrets in Death." Her review is amazing, and well worth a read.

http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/revie...h-jd-robb/
AJ

[Image: aidanturnerwindow.jpg]
I about died reading that review.  Wink thank you for introducing me to a new source of book recommendations.
That was an interesting review, but it kind of surprised me how many details she got wrong.
(09-07-2017, 01:17 PM)Debbi Wrote: That was an interesting review, but it kind of surprised me how many details she got wrong.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to take this person seriously when it comes to books.
The Greatest Conflicts are Not Between Two People, But Between One Person and Himself.- Garth Brooks
(09-07-2017, 02:12 PM)ElectricOutcast Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 01:17 PM)Debbi Wrote: That was an interesting review, but it kind of surprised me how many details she got wrong.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to take this person seriously when it comes to books.

Seems she's only interested in the sex scenes.
I don't think the point of this particular review was to talk about the book in detail, but to give an overall impression of not just the book but the "In Death" world in general from an outsider perspective. Also, this is a site primarily for romance novels, so, yeah, the review will be geared more toward the sexual relationship between Eve and Roarke. It was meant to be a funny, lighthearted look at the book, and it achieved that. Sometimes, because we are essentially "super fans" of this series, we tend to take it a bit too seriously, and a review like this should remind us to just experience the joy of the books, and not always think so much about the details.

:my2cents:
AJ

I thought it was a great, humourus review, enjoyed her take on everything In Death! I actually check that site out about once a month.

"The greatness of a nation can be determined by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

(09-07-2017, 03:12 PM)AJ Wrote: I don't think the point of this particular review was to talk about the book in detail, but to give an overall impression of not just the book but the "In Death" world in general from an outsider perspective. Also, this is a site primarily for romance novels, so, yeah, the review will be geared more toward the sexual relationship between Eve and Roarke. It was meant to be a funny, lighthearted look at the book, and it achieved that. Sometimes, because we are essentially "super fans" of this series, we tend to take it a bit too seriously, and a review like this should remind us to just experience the joy of the books, and not always think so much about the details.

Justmy2cents

I get that, really I do.  But if you're going to do a review of book and throw out details of the book, they should at least be correct, IMO.  But...as we all know, I'm a stickler for details.
I read the review again, and I have a hard time finding the details you say she got wrong. What are you seeing that I'm not?
AJ

Eve and DeWinter met for drinks after work, not lunch. A big part of the story was the timing of Mars' death.
DeWinter is a forensic anthropologist not a medical examiner
Her boots cost $6000, not $5000. The 6k (or 3k per boot) was mentioned several times.
We're now in 2061 (disclosed on the 2nd page, but I can give her a pass on that one)

But...and it bears repeating...we all know I'm a stickler for the details.